Fabregas Named Captain



Arsenal have their new captain. After William Gallas was removed as captain by Arsene Wenger for talking about team problems to the press, Wenger has named Cesc Fabregas as the new Arsenal captain.

Wenger said that Gallas will remain on the team but not in a leadership role. 

The 21 year old Fabregas is young, but a confident leader and in my opinion has become the face of the franchise for Arsenal.

Upon getting named captain Fabregas said, "It is a great honour for me to captain one of the biggest clubs in the world. I know it's a big responsibility but together with my team-mates I know we have the spirit and commitment to get back to winning ways and fulfil our potential."

This move could be just the thing Arsenal needed to do to convince Fabregas to stay and not leave for Barcelona. 

Comments

Popular Posts