Landon Donovan to Bayern Munich



In a move very similar to the one David Beckham just made to AC Milan, MLS Player of the Year Landon Donovan is set to go on loan with Germany's Bayern Munich.

The loan would begin on January 1st and could last until the end of the Bundesliga season. 

Donovan has been training with Bayern for the past 10 days and has really impressed the other players and coaches. 

Donovan has tried to break into the Bundesliga twice before with Bayern Leverkusen but he says that, "As a person and a player, I am completely different now to how I was then, I have matured. I am ready. I believe I can keep up with all the other players, even if I am not the best player here."

This move is very interesting for Bayern to make, and it could affect their other players. Lukas Podolski has been unhappily sitting on the bench this season and the addition of another forward certainly won't help his chances of getting off the bench.

All in all I think Donovan can be successful this time around in the Bundesliga.

Comments

Popular Posts