John Terry


After watching what was a great Champions League Final which saw Manchester United defeat Chelsea in penalties, one man you have to feel sorry for is Chelsea captain John Terry.
Terry if you didn't already know slipped on the wet grass and missed the 5th penalty kick which would have given Chelsea their first ever Champions League title. 

Today Terry published an open letter of apology on the Chelsea website saying that he will be haunted forever by his penalty miss. 

Terry wrote, "I am so sorry for missing the penalty and denying you the fans, my team-mates, family and friends the chance to become European champions. I have relived that moment every minute since it happened. I have only slept a few hours and wake up every time  hoping its all been a bad dream. I have had some amazing support from fans, current and ex- players, family and friends and I need to thank everyone for that. But I am a big man and I take responsibility for us not winning." 

You have to remember the amazing play that Terry made to save a goal late in the game in which Terry headed the ball over the net.  Its just sad to see such a great player sink to such a low. 

Comments

Popular Posts