The New England Captain is Set



Fabio Capello has officially announced that John Terry will be the new captain of the English National team.

Most people figured that Rio Ferdinand would get the honor, but he was instead named vice-captain.

At the press conference Terry said, "I think everybody realizes it means the world to me. I was a little bit shocked to be fair. Rio has been in awesome form on the pitch for Man United in what he has achieved in the last year...for me to get it above the likes of him and the other players in the squad means an awful lot to me."

Comments

Anthony Golia said…
You forgot to mention that Thierry Henry was named captain of the 2010 World Cup Champions. He alone will destroy all competition, outscoring opponents by a 3 to 1 margin.
mad6986 said…
Haha, you really think France will win the World Cup in 2010?

In all honesty, they are going through a changing phase, and players like Ribery and Nasri are going to have to carry the team.

Henry being named captain is great and he totally deserves it.
Anthony Golia said…
Hah, no not really. I'm just such an Henry fanboy.

I was rooting for them in the Euros against Italy, but it was painfully obvious they were outmatched. Henry looked horrible and played a set piece bad resulting in a goal for Italy.

I would love to see Henry return to the form displayed at Arsenal, however I think his best years are long behind him. Although seeing Benzema come to the forefront this year has really brought hope for their 2010 chances..

Popular Posts