Chelsea Job Down to 2



The job for the new Chelsea manager position has been narrowed down to 2 people, Frank Rijkaard formerly the coach of Barcelona, and Roberto Mancini formerly of Inter Milan.

Both coaches will be interviewed by Chelsea next week.

This news comes after AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti reportedly turned down the job.

I believe that the job should go to Rijkaard. 

Rijkaard was fired because he didn't win a trophy this season. Mancini was fired because his players hated him. 

I would much rather have a coach that knows how to coach at a high level, and simply had an off year, then hire a coach who WON the Seire A but was still fired!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I heard Cesare Prandelli was also in the shortlist. If Chelsea wanted Rijkaard I don't think they would have fired his trusted former assistant Ten Cate. I wonder too why Inter players disliked Mancini so much. To the point of Figo saying that if he stays he leaves.
mad6986 said…
Good call on the Ten Cate thing....I didn't know that....it certainly changes the outlook....

Popular Posts