Donadoni Didn't Pick the PK Takers



I read a story where Italian coach Roberto Donadoni said that he didn't pick the penalty kick takers for Italy's game against Spain.

He said that the team went with the people who felt they were ready to take the kicks. 

"We made the decision simply because you have to feel you are ready to take a penalty."

The first thing that came to my mind when I heard this was Luca Toni

How shot was Luca Toni's confidence if he didn't step up to take a kick? Was he really that emotionally messed up that he couldn't make a penalty kick?

Toni had the chance to get all the critics off him with 1 made penalty kick. No matter how bad he had played the whole game, a made PK would have been a great contribution from him. 

But, he didn't step up and Italy lost.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I am glad Luca Toni did not dare to take the penalty because he wasn't sharp during the match plus the pressure of all the critics. Can you imagine what would have happened had he failed the penalty! Uffa mamma mia!!!! I don't even want to think about it.

What surprised me was not seeing Del Piero, a rigorista, shooting a penalty. I felt so bad for De Rossi and Di Natale... but what really broke me in million pieces was watching my Milan's brains Andrea Pirlo crying. Gee, this is one of the images that really affected me!. My PIRLO!!!!
Anonymous said…
Donadoni might be out tomorrow, I just posted the English translation from La Gazzetta dello Sport Front page... and there you go... Donadoni might be sacked even if he said "I am not resigning"

Popular Posts